Saturday, July 11, 2009

YUMMO Local Diner Rocks!!!!

Have to share a quick note with you about a local restaurant I tried for the first time tonight. This little local place is called the Buffalo Diner. Its on Rt. 62 in Buffalo, WV across from the high school. Its located in a converted convenience store/gas station. Their official address is 3216 Buffalo Road.

I just want to start out by saying that this evening I enjoyed one of the best racks of ribs there that I have ever eaten. They were to die for!!!! The texture and the balance of smoky and sweet was perfect! My sister had the honey garlic boneless chicken and she was equally as pleased!!!!

We followed this meal up with desert. I had carrot cake and she had chocolate cake...very soft texture, and very moist. Was told by personable young man at the register that the owners wife made the cakes.

We met the executive chef/owner Bill Desimone, he personally went from table to table making sure everyone was satisfied with the quality of their food... satisfied is an understatement! Bill even brought samples to our table of a smokey spicy cold shrimp... ummm also yummy!!!

Anyone who travels through this area should stop in and try their food!!! Today they had rainbow trout on the menu, fresh rainbow trout!!!! Wow!

If you would like to inquire about the restaurant or the catering they do email Bill at buffalo.diner@yahoo.com. I know we will return over and over again and we will check out their catering for any event we may have in the future!!!

2 comments:

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Hi Deb :)
Sounds like a great place! Wish I was closer!
I'm having a giveaway... stop on over and enter, if ya'd like.

Have a HAPPY Week!
hugs-Kath

Tina said...

Well, I'm always up for some new place to shove food in my face, especially goood yummo food.
Thanks for the tip!
T