Sunday, November 9, 2008

Returning to the Nest to Regroup



Sis and I at a WV Power baseball game a year ago. She was recovering from an auto accident at the time.











Sis several years ago sneaking lunch with her Pops and I at work.


One of her senior pictures from high school, WOW! Seems like yesterday......not 6.5 years ago...





















More recent....

















Playing for her brothers wedding several years ago...















Just being her kooky wonderful spontaneous self recently......













Working now for an auto parts place as delivery driver.....












Playing in the trees at Hawks Nest state park in 05....

















Sis & Me in our old house in the kitchen playing.....






Today we helped our 24 year old daughter move back home. She had been living on her own since college and has recently decided rather than live with a roommate not so happily in a shared space, to move back home, save some money and hopefully move out into her own solo space. Sounded very logical to us so we helped her pack and move back home.


I know its hard for her to move back home after living so independently on her own but we are very glad she is back.

Its nice to hear her voice down the hall talking to one of our cats that has adopted the foot of her bed, to see her face at the dinner table this evening enjoying mama's home cooking and even see her smelly laundry piled up now in the laundry room.

Seems like only yesterday she was a child, now a grown woman with her own ideas, goals and life....amazing how time flies!!!!

Don't know how long she will be living with us, but I for one am glad she is home......

Welcome back MJ ....welcome back.......

Love,

Mom

5 comments:

simple~needs said...

it is wonderful when your kids are at home. i know some parents are glad to get their kids out of the house. not me, nope, they could stay forever.. there are soo many memories, so much to do. :)

Tina said...

How we love it when our babies come home. No matter how old they are.
enjoy
T

Deb said...

Thanks gals!

My daughter is like my right arm, so much a part of me that I just love having her around!!!!

When my son and daughter are around me I am my happiest!

D

Sherry said...

How nice to have your daughter back home and as an adult it is probably nice on a different level. Enjoy!

Sherry

Deb said...

Sherry,

You are right...as an adult she is even more fun to be with....

Deb