Monday, November 10, 2008

That Little Penny in the Parking Lot







Remember this every time you pass that little penny in the parking lot.
I always thought that it was for good luck, but I really love this version better.

I found a penny today laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny, this little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven, that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels toss them down.
Oh, how I loved that story.


He said when an Angel misses you, they toss a penny down;
Sometimes just to cheer you up, to make a smile out of your frown.

So, don't pass by that penny when you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven that an Angel's tossed to you.




5 comments:

simple~needs said...

i love that little poem !! that is so cute!! it would be cute to put on a hang tag with a penny attached. would make a great bookmarker for a friend. :)

Deb said...

Kim,

You are so right that would be a great idea!!!!

Hmmm you have my "cogs turning too"...

Deb

Tina said...

Deb, Thanks for your comment on my blog about this battle we're in for better health. I'm glad you are rockin' this journey with me. Love ya girl. See ya at the end of the week.
T

Deb said...

T,

cant wait to see your new skinnier self!! WHOOO Hoo!

D

Sherry said...

What a great story!! I'll have to tell my kids that one.

Thanks for sharing!
Sherry